Second graders sang several Christmas songs and put smiles on the faces of these precious residents of a local assisted living facility. Hand made cards were distributed and we all received a blessing. Merry Christmas!
Thursday, December 10, 2015
Friday, December 4, 2015
from Wade Putnal - December 3rd, 2015
Our mission at First Presbyterian Day School is to educate and equip students
to change the world for God’s glory.
The Elementary Christmas program, “Christmas in Central Park” is one week away! Performances are Thursday, December 10th at 1 and 7pm. All students in 1st – 5th grade will be involved. Also, check out the FPD Music Room blog at www.fpdmusic.com where all song lyrics are in the “Special Programs and Events” tab. Costume Information:
- 1st-4th grade Boys & Girls and 5th Grade Chorus and 5th Grade Band members: Students should wear blue jeans or black pants, a long-sleeve top in red, green, or white (small print is fine; no logos, please), and a winter scarf (any color is fine.) They are going to be dressed as neighborhood kids at an outdoor Christmas party. Please wear to school on Thurs., Dec. 10th.
- Shoes: Everyday school shoes (tennis shoes) are fine.
- Questions? Email Mindy Krejci at firstname.lastname@example.org
BACKPACK MINISTRIES: Please send: fruit cups, Vienna sausages, tuna packets, applesauce, juice pouches and juice boxes. Thanks for helping as we minister to needy children in our community.
Please label all jackets, coats, sweaters, hats, mittens, lunchboxes, etc. All unclaimed/unlabeled items will be removed during the Christmas holidays.
Christmas is coming and The Viking Store has all sorts of items for any-age Viking, including “Viking Bucks” gift cards available in any amount! Get ready for cooler weather with uniform-approved outerwear and scarves. We have so many new products including room decorations, car tags and stuffed bears wearing a cheerleading uniform or letterman’s jacket. SPECIAL: $5 (or less) Christmas Grab Bags are a great gift idea for a friend or as a stocking stuffer. Visit us at www.fpdmacon.org/tvs and “like us” on Facebook @ FPD-The Viking Store. Open school days 7:45am- 3:30pm. Located in the MAC near the cafeteria.
The Viking Store will be open until 3:30 on Thursday, Dec. 10, during the Elementary Christmas music program. This is a great time for parents and grandparents to shop!
“Sneak a Peek” at all the fun things our elementary classes are doing by regularly visiting our Teacher Blog pages online! In addition to grade level blogs, you can visit our art, music, science lab, computer, and Spanish blog pages. Just go to: www.fpdmacon.org; Click “Community;” then “Teacher Blog.”
LATE ARRIVALS reminder: If your child arrives to school after 8:15 am (8:50 am on late-start Wednesdays) they should enter school at the front Elementary office, and they need to be signed in as well. Thank you.
NEW: Our water bottle refill station is now installed in the MAC near The Viking Store. It calculates how many plastic water bottles we are keeping out of the landfill, and it saves money and helps our environment.
FPD CARES! Did you know there is a group of FPD parents and friends who count it a privilege to regularly pray for you? You are welcome to send in any request which will confidentially be passed along to our prayer partners. Email: email@example.com
DRESS CODE Reminder: Socks, tights, and leggings should be predominately solid red, white, black or gray. All accessories (hairbows, headbands, etc) should also be school approved colors.
MARK YOUR CALENDAR:
- DRESS DOWN DAY - Friday, December 11th - Donations will support Raoul and Karen Armbrister with Karazim Ministries in the Bahamas
- NO LATE START on Wednesday, December 16th. School begins at 8:10am.
- Christmas Sing-a-long, Fri, Dec. 18th, 10:15 am, Clark Fine Arts Auditorium
- Last Day of School – Fri, Dec. 18th – ½ day - Early dismissal. No lunch served.
- Christmas Holidays – December 21st to January 4th, 2016, for students
- First Day of School in 2016 – Tuesday, January 5th
- MLK Holiday – Monday, January 18th, 2016 – No School
- Please invite your friends to our upcoming Open House for Prospective Families:
FPD Open House, 3K-12th grade, Sunday, January 24, 2016, from 3:00 to 5:00 pm in the Clark Fine Arts Center lobby. If you know anyone that you’d like us to contact, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Prayers and blessings to all as we celebrate at school and in our homes the Greatest Gift of All … JESUS.” Enjoy time together and making memories children will treasure in their hearts forever! You and your children are gifts to me each day.